Akira - The Singer
Akira (born 3 June 1997) is an Indian playback singer. Akira re-interprets the original song of Asha Bhosle In AANKHON KI MASTI KE number giving it a modern contemporary feel. While the original song was composed by the legendary Khaiyyaam from the Rekha starrer Umrao Jaan, this reprise version has been recreated by Mika Singh & Ravi Pawar.
She sings in Hindi and Punjabi language films. She sang two songs in the Punjabi film O.G.J. She has lent her voice for the song Ishq Karle Anytime with singers Mika Singh and Sonu Nigam in the film Santa Banta Pvt.Ltd.
She has been singing since the age of five and has been trained under musicians like Pt Bhimsen Sharma (Chandigarh), Kumar Vinay Ji (patiala), Late Shri shamsher singh Kareer Ji and Mrs Manjit Kaur(Patiala).Akira participated in the reality show Airtel Awaz Punjab Di and stood as the winner in the show, which aired on MH1 channel.
Awards and honors
- Performed on Channel Mh1 on Nikki Awaz Punjab Di
- Second prize in Folk singing competition held at Baradari Gardens August (2007)
- Gold medal at Individual Shabad Gayan Competition on September 3, 2008, Punjabi University, Patiala
- Title song ‘Paisa Paisa’ in the album ‘Paisa Paisa’ launched by Venus Records
- Album ‘Tumse Milkar’ released by Original Melody
- First position in Talent hunt organized by Mehak Cultural Forum Oct (2008)
- Performed at various local TV channels including DD Punjabi
- Album ‘Ringa Ringa the Crazy Girl’ launched by Music Plus India
- Performance at Thapar University in great shows like ‘Saturnalia’ and ‘Aranya’
- Performed at a function held by ‘Ishmeet Foundation’
- Fame of ‘Indian Idol Junior’ on Sony channel
- Devotional album released – ‘Jagdambe Vandana’ (worked with Udit Narayan and Sadhna Sargam)
- Worked with Mumbai-based violinist and music director, Surendra Singh Attra
- Winner of ‘Airtel Awaaz Punjab Di’ on MH1 channel